The most amazing factor among the RC vehicles is that you can build your own track. These vehicles are so small that you can modify their tracks very easily and as per your wishes. No prior experience is required in building a track for your RC vehicles. Are you excited of building your own track at home or in your backyard? Well, we are sure you will be.
You don’t need to go anywhere to build your RC track and you can easily do everything yourself. But it is always more fun to invite your friends who want to race with you in the future, to build the racing track with you.
Don’t worry if you haven’t done it before, we will help to build the track and to provide you with the sound information which will help you in building the RC track at your home.
If you haven’t built any RC track before and have no idea about the precautions that one must take into consideration, we will let you know about all the caring measures. If you have planned to build your own RC track but have no idea about the precautions and pre-requisites, we will help you in understanding them.
- Use comfortable shoes and easy clothing before building the RC track so that you may have the real joy of racing afterward and also while building the track. If you are going to build the RC track for the first time, it is always better to have someone with little knowledge of how things work.
- Another useful step is to watch the live RC track-building mechanism by experts to make this task easier. You can also watch on television for your guidance but practical watching is worth more than watching on the record on television or the internet.
- Wear safety glasses to protect your eyes from any dust particles. While building an RC track don’t let any dust particles enter your eyes because they may damage any sensitive parts of your eyes.
- We will advise you to wear a surgical cap for saving your hair from being filled with any dirt or any other harmful chemical.
- Keep a safe distance while build an rc track because any harmful substance may hurt you or get knocked into any sensitive body part of yours.
Safety should be given the top priority and one must also take care of oneself before doing anything, especially something new. Safety measures are important for you and you must take due care while building an RC track. If you wouldn’t take precautions before building the RC track, you may get any of your body parts hurt or even you may prolong your work.
Types of RC tracks
Steps in building RC track
For building the RC track, we advise you to make a checklist and include all the pertinent tasks and get them crossed or tick after doing them one by one. This activity will raise your confidence level and you will be able to estimate the time left for the completion of RC track. We have enlisted some of the pertinent points for your guidance that you can check:
- The most important step and the foremost should be the selection of land/area for making it perfect for your RC track. The ideal land area for making the RC track is 12′ x 24′ with a 3′ wide racing lane but you can go for an even wider scope. Of course, that is your own choice but this measurement is what we recommend to be at least there.
- The next step is to determine the type of track that you intend to build for your RC vehicles. If you want carpet road for your RC vehicles this might require a bit of extra effort in framing and aligning the track. But if you want a coarse track for your RC vehicle, this will take little effort from you. Refining the coarse track wouldn’t take extra effort from you. But make sure that the track type should be in compliance with the tires of your RC vehicle.
- The next step is to visit the nearby hardware store to collect all the needed tools and equipment that you might require for building the RC track.
- The equipment that might need includes no pile carpet, 4′ x 8′ x 1/8″ board quantity 2, 2″ x 4″ x 12′ board quantity 2, small-sized bricks, cement, and 2″ Wide Velcro Brand Plastic Hook and Loop, etc.
- Apart from the above-mentioned equipment, the tools that you would require include a scale, pencil, masking tape, skill saw Scissors, etc.
- If the RC vehicles wouldn’t capable of jumping through the obstacles, they will quickly lose their durability and sustainability. For this reason, it is always recommended to do some test drives and then take your RC vehicle on the track finally.
- For making the obstacles interesting and more appealing, you can make a jump with an overpass giving a clean chit to the cars if they cross the jump. This overpass jump will work like completion of the lap by crossing which a vehicle would be considered to have won rather it has to go back and again go for a racing round.
- For making an overpass jump you can use either wet dirt or even an old skateboard ramp that you don’t use anymore. Make the obstacles more interesting and add more appealing material which will double your thrill and you will be able to enjoy more with your friends while racing.
- If you are building an indoor track and want to add obstacles you can also do that. You can use some ramps to depict different levels and to make it more challenging for indoor RC vehicles. RC buggies, trucks, cars and rock crawlers, etc. are considered to be best for outdoor racing, and for indoor racing, you can go for RC cars manufactured by Redcat. The Rc cars manufactured by Redcat have all those features that a racing car must possess to win an indoor journey.
Connecting with the RC world can also be beneficial to know the updates and to keep oneself aware of the changing trends in RC tracks. No matter how long you have been racing using RC vehicles, you can learn a lot of key tips from RC world. So, we advise you to always get in touch with the RC community for grabbing useful information which can prove beneficial for selecting the place, material, and building the RC track.
You can also ask any question which is confusing you or can take expert advice using the same platform. That matters a lot to attain useful information and then build the RC track for racing. Your exposure and outlook will be better after going through the information and knowledge that will be available to you by using the RC community platform.